Project Wedding Review

Damselfly Studio Review

See more reviews of Damselfly Studio on Project Wedding.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Silver Screen Style Challenge





I can remember seeing My Fair Ladywhen I was about 7 years old. Of course, my favorite scenes were the ones that featured the most elaborate of Cecil Beaton's costumes. The Ascot Races! Who could forget that wonderful huge black and white ensemble with the gorgeous outrageous hat!!!! I gasped when Eliza entered the ball in the lovely Empire gown, with her long, elegant gloves, elaborate hairstyle, and the wonderful tiara.

When our team decided to do a Hollywood themed challenge, I knew right away what I wanted to do for my design piece. I modernized it for today's bride, using Rainbow Moonstone, Stardust silver beads, and Swarovski Crystal. This is the most elaborate headpiece I have made to date.

These challenges are just that, challenges. As a designer, they force me out of my "box", and help me to think in new directions. I am having a lot of design fun, that is for sure. Enjoy!!!

No comments: