Project Wedding Review

Damselfly Studio Review

See more reviews of Damselfly Studio on Project Wedding.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ok, here we go


OK, it figures, that the first post I write, I lose it.


I clicked on save, but not publish. And I had just written on howproud I was at 50, with my self taught computer skills. That will teach me!Pride goeth before a fall they say. Well, "they" are right! Lesson learn.Hit the damn publish button after spell check!!!!! Or after the save key!
Oh gosh, what did I say? I think I wrote about that it seems that someare interested in what others, particuarly artists think. Or those of usthat call ourselves artists. I guess we are supposed to be interesting people for some reason or another. I don't know. I think I lead a rather boring life. My mother in law is constantly asking my husband and I "Is there anything new?" Now she knows we are not buying anything, that there are not going to be babies, unless that would be of the 4 legged variety, she is just looking for new happennings. No nothing new.

Ok, what is new is that I decided to give blogging a go. I just go into the world of Facebook, thanks to my friend Michele. Which reminds me, I have not looked at my page for a few weeks. I forgot. I love computers,I just have not been a much of a computer community member. Except for medical support groups, and I dropped out of that life. I am trying to forget how sick I am. Another story.

I make jewelry. I am not a bench jeweler. In other words, I do not play with fire and have a saw. I work with pliers, wire cutters, wire, and any material that has a hole in it that can be wired or strung. Gemstones, Pearls, ribbons; so in other words, my jewelry is the artsy fartsy type.

Oh gosh, I hate when someone say, Oh, you're the crafty member of the family. (my sister paints). Actually, I am proud to say I am an artisan, and that I work with tools. My brother is a blues muscian (linguist and famous scholar), and I was so pleased when he picked up my Lindstrom pliers and was really impressed by them.

Selling jewelry and bridal wares supports my other obsession. Knitting.Gasp. My love of fine fibers. I had stopped knitting while I was making bridal gowns. I could not handle the sewing and knitting at the same time. So, I gave up the knitting. Then in 2003 when we lived in MN (another story), I met AVIS. A knitter extrodinare. With an amazing STASH of yarns. I did not know that modern yarns exhisted like this. When I needed my umpteenth surgery, she sent me a prayer shawl. That made me want to knit again. So, after 14 years, I dug out the knitting needles, and have not stopped knitting, or buying yarns.

Now, my stash of yarns is beginning to physically match my stash of beads.Of course, yarn takes up a lot more room. And in our present house, this studio is the smallest of all. So, we are in a constant flux of revising "Betsy's space". Paul is so good about it. What ever keeps me happy and comfortable to work. When I started buying yarn, I vowed, ha ha, that I would not buy for more than three projects at a time. I'm howling with laughter on the inside with this. This is after I just went on a mini shopping spree with http://www.discontinuedbrandnameyarn.com/ last week. Just enough to get free shipping. Just enough. After all, I finally got paid a big check from one of my customers. Its only fair that I invest in me, after all! uh huh. yeah right. Its almost Christmas, and here I am buying yarn. Uh huh.
I think the next post should be SABLE. Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy. Maybe. We will see.


No comments: