Project Wedding Review

Damselfly Studio Review

See more reviews of Damselfly Studio on Project Wedding.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Getting back to designing



Well, the vacation time is over, now it is time to get back to dividing my time between designing for the next challenge (shhh!!!!!!!!!! its a secret!!!!!!!!) and getting ready for Christmas!


So, how does the home artist do this? Spend one day working on Christmas, and the next day working on business? Divide the day in half? Move as the spirit leads, or as the projects for Christmas (22 days from now) complete themselves? Ever the procrastinator, I am no where near done. I have just finished Mom's gift. Joanne's and Beth's are done. Dad's is halfway done. Cathie's is not started. This is what happens when a knitter knits for Christmas. I may have to change some plans. Cathie will not mind getting jewelry for Christmas, and her knitted gift for her birthday. Hmmmm....problem solved. Ok, that will work.


But that means that the jewelry project that I had started for her, a bead weaving project...whoops, cat partially out of the bag...is rather complex and a time eater too. I love my sister, and I can't imagine this project done any either way. What to do?


I do this every year at Christmas. Well, I must love doing Christmas this way, or I would not be repeating the habit. So this elf will hop between her knitting needles and her beading tray and pliers. As her hands or shoulders complain, I guess that will be the timing to switch projects I guess.


But Christmas would not be the same by shopping at the mall. I would rather shop for beads, stones and yarns, and then get real busy instead. OK, I might bitch and whine about how far behind I am. But that is just part of getting ready for Christmas. Paul will have to take over a few dinners. Or buy a few rotisserie chickens. I'll keep on knitting and beading.


Thanks Glamorosi, the leader of the Bridal Dream Team, for including the picture of the hair pin that I have included here on our team blog, http://www.bridaldreamteam.blogspot.com/ . I really appreciate it!

No comments: